It is hard to find a landscape that doesn’t benefit from mulch. Whether you choose pine straw or bark, mulch can add aesthetic, functional and health benefits to your outdoor space. While inorganic mulch does bring a variety of perks to your landscape, the organic varieties (such as wood chips, shredded hardwood, etc) offer the most comprehensive enrichment.
Beyond making your yard look more manicured and attractive, organic mulch also offers the following advantages:
- Helps to reduce weed growth
- Preserves soil moisture
- Moderates soil temperatures during extreme outside temperatures
- Helps prevent soil erosion
- Reduces soil compaction
- Lowers risk of plant/tree disease (keeps soil from splashing onto leaves)
- Naturally breaks down and enriches the soil
- Improves structure of clay soils
- Keeps vegetable plants clean and off the ground
How an Expert Can Help
There is no cookie-cutter approach to mulching. In fact, it is important that you choose the best type of mulch, order the correct amount and lay it the right way. Factors that can impact your choice of mulch include cost, availability, ease of application and appearance (color/size/shape). At Woodburn Landscapes, we recommend clients select a mulch that is dense enough to inhibit weed growth but light enough to allow water and air to reach the soil.
Call our landscaping professionals in Atlanta today at let us help you choose the perfect mulch for your yard!
Posted on behalf of
2090 Dunwoody Club Dr, STE 106-110
Atlanta, GA 30350
Phone: (404) 272-8520